- This event has passed.
Make Your Own Mozzarella and Burrata Cheese
April 6, 2019 | 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Learn to make fresh mozzarella in 30 minutes then take it one step further and turn the mozzarella into delicious burrata.
Learn to make fresh mozzarella in 30 minutes, with hands-on instruction from expert cheese maker Trystan of First Light Farm & Creamery. Once we stretch and enjoy our mozzarella, we will transform this delicious cheese into Burrata.
Burrata cheese is a mozzarella innovation straight from the famous Puglia Region of Southern Italy, in which we stuff the mozzarella with a variety of fillings to create an over-the-top decadent Burrata. You will take home your fresh Mozzarella and Burrata cheese, and build your own Southern Italian cheese plate including cured meat, olives, roasted vegetables and fresh bread!
About First Light Farm & Creamery:
First Light Farm & Creamery is a local farmstead creamery that produces fresh and aged cheese made from the milk of their herd of sheep and goats.
You can find Trystan’s cheese at your local Wegmans and on the menus of the finest restaurants in the region, including New York Kitchen!
Learn more at www.firstlightfarmer.com
Date and Time:
Saturday, April 6th, 2019 | 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM
New York Kitchen
Hands-On Kitchen (First Floor)
800 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Trystan Sandvoss, Cheesemaker
Trystan Sandvoss, owner and master cheesemaker, Farmington, NY. Trystan’s cheese journey began on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State, where he trained with some of the most heralded cheesemakers in the Pacific Northwest, and milked a lot of goats! In 2010, Trystan moved back home to New York to build First Light Farm & Creamery, a farmstead goat dairy that started with 2 brothers and 17 goats. First Light’s goat cheese is found on the menus of the finest restaurants in New York State, including New York Kitchen!
In 2018, Trystan partnered with Old Chatham Creamery to move their Hudson Valley creamery to a brand new, state-of-the-art creamery in the Finger Lakes region, opening Spring of 2019. Old Chatham Creamery is the most awarded sheep milk creamery in the United States. Today, First Light and Old Chatham cheese and yogurt can be found at your local Wegmans, and all across the country, even back in Washington State!
- All guests must wear closed toe shoes when attending a class in our Hands-On Kitchen
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the class start time
- Recipes are distributed on a first come, first served basis. Should you request a specific recipe please arrive 15 minutes before the class start time and inform the front desk of your preference (NYK will do everything possible to ensure guest satisfaction, however this is not a 100% guarantee)
- To ensure the safety of you and those around you, all guests are asked to give their full attention to the Chef Instructor as they cover important kitchen cooking skills and tips.
- NYK reserves the right to ask guests that are intoxicated, behaving in an unsafe manner or that pose a risk to leave the classroom.
- *New York Kitchen Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration for a class up to 72 hours in advance of the class start time and receive a full refund or transfer to another class of equal value. In the event of illness or another extenuating circumstance that falls within the 72-hour window, NYK will issue a gift card or transfer you to another class of equal value. No refund will be issued. NYK allows a maximum of two class transfers per calendar year. Groups of six or more that register for a class are bound by a 7-day cancellation policy rather than a 72-hour policy.
- No Show Policy: NYK will not refund for no‐shows if a guest books a class reservation and attendees do not show. The 72-hour cancellation policy (see policy above) applies.
- NYK reserves the right to cancel any class that fails to attract sufficient enrollment, or due to educator illness or inclement weather. We will contact you by phone or email and issue a full refund or you may request to be transferred to another class of your choice (depending on availability and value).