FLCC Culinary Arts Lab
May 12, 2021 | 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, repeating until May 12, 2021
An event every week that begins at 4:00 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, repeating until May 12, 2021
Students enrolled in Finger Lakes Community College’s Culinary Arts Program experience their culinary lab courses at the modern New York Kitchen—which is just a short distance from their main campus. These lab classes provide you hands-on experience in a real-world setting. Students gain extensive hands-on training through a required professional work experience that taps into the knowledge of experts in the vibrant culinary and tourism industries of the Finger Lakes region.
***DISCLAIMER: New Hands-On Kitchen Cooking Class Operating Procedures***
New York Kitchen is taking measures to ensure the safety of all guests and staff in our classes as well as throughout our building. We have implemented new operating procedures in our classes to follow the mandated guidelines from the CDC. These include: Class capacity has been reduced from 24 to 12 guests maximum, at least 6-feet of distance between guests, hand sanitizers and disinfectants readily available throughout the classroom and building, and gloves will be provided, and guests must wear their own facial covering.
Date and Time:
Tuesdays & Wednesdays, February through May, 2021
New York Kitchen
800 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Chef Jamie Rotter & Chef Patrick Rae
- All guests must wear closed toe shoes when attending a class in our Hands-On Kitchens.
- Guests must be 21 years or older to consume alcohol. I.D. IS REQUIRED.
- Recipes are developed using common ingredients which may or may not be specified in the title including flour, nuts, spices, fruits, vegetables, etc. If you have a food allergy, please call the Front Desk to discuss your options BEFORE registering for a class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made.
- To ensure the safety of you and those around you, all guests are asked to give their full attention to the Chef Instructor as they cover important kitchen cooking skills and tips.
- NYK reserves the right to ask guests that are intoxicated, behaving in an unsafe manner or that pose a risk to leave the classroom.
- Class ticket purchases are non-refundable or exchangeable for any reason. This is because New York Kitchen purchases materials and plans for classes based on the number of participants registered. However, if you’d like to offer your seat in that class to a friend or family member, we’d be happy to let them take your seat. Patrons should use the original purchaser’s name upon arrival at check-in.
- No Show Policy: New York Kitchen will not refund for no‐shows if a guest books a class reservation and attendees do not show.
- New York Kitchen reserves the right to cancel any class that fails to attract sufficient enrollment, or due to educator illness or inclement weather. We will contact you by phone or email and issue a full refund or you may request to be transferred to another class of your choice (depending on availability and value).