- This event has passed.
Chef’s Table: Valentine’s Day Edition
February 15, 2019 | 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
These classes are designed to be fun, relaxing, and an escape from the daily grind. They are a great way to learn basic cooking techniques while enjoying your family and friends in our Hands-On Kitchen. NYK’s Chef Instructor will provide a history and overview of the recipes while demonstrating proper knife skills and professional culinary techniques. They will then lead the class through the preparation of appetizer, side dishes, and entrées. The menu will be prepared by participants working together at each of the cooking islands and everything will be served family style.
A perfectly paired New York State wine will be served with the meal. No one will leave hungry!
The Chef’s Table series are offered in conjunction with our Taste NY partnership – Governor Cuomo’s initiative designed to showcase the incredible food and beverage products that are grown, sold, and produced across New York State.
- Pan Seared Duck Breast with Currant Port Glaze and Currant Port Glaze, Brie, & Parmesan Polenta
- Beef Tenderloin with Bordelaise Sauce and Smashed Red Potatoes
- Crab Cakes with Spiced Remoulade and Couscous Salad
- Skewered Sea Scallops with Orange Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Warm Berry Compote