- This event has passed.
Chef’s Table – New Years Eve 2018
December 31, 2018 | 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Celebrate the Last Night of 2018 with New York Kitchen!
These classes are designed to be fun, relaxing, and an escape from the daily grind. They are a great way to learn basic cooking techniques while enjoying your family and friends in our Hands-On Kitchen.
Start out with a glass of sparkling wine to enjoy while NYK’s Chef Instructor will provide a history and overview of the recipes while demonstrating proper knife skills and professional culinary techniques. They will then lead the class through the preparation of appetizer, side dishes, and entrées. The menu will be prepared by participants working together at each of the cooking islands and everything will be served family style.
A perfectly paired New York State wine will be served with the meal. No one will leave hungry!
The Chef’s Table series are offered in conjunction with our Taste NY partnership – Governor Cuomo’s initiative designed to showcase the incredible food and beverage products that are grown, sold, and produced across New York State.
Special 2018 New Years Eve Menu
- Pan Seared Pork Chop with Apple Riesling Compote, Roasted Red Potatoes and Pancetta Salad
- Spinach Stuffed Salmon with Butternut Squash Baked in Phyllo
- Tomato Basil Beef Roulade with Saffron Risotto
- Chicken & Lobster Paella
- Flour-less Chocolate Torte with Raspberry Sauce
Date and Time:
Monday, December 31, 2018 | 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
New York Kitchen
Hands-On Kitchen (First Floor)
800 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Matt Wooster, Lead Culinary Educator is a Geneva native and lives on Seneca lake in Geneva with his wife and daughter. Matt, a certified executive chef practicing culinary arts for 25 years is passionate and dedicated earning high marks from professional partners, internal and external guests and students this past year teaching a variety of public classes. We are thrilled he has accepted the new role to provide leadership to grow our industry classes relativity, youth programs variety, depth and capacity and our public programming appeal and guest experience. Matt enjoys traveling and playing lacrosse, for 10 years he has contributed to the ‘pirate toy fund ’a local nonprofit donating toys to children year-round. Matt’s philosophy is ‘to keep it simple ‘and let the quality and freshness of local ingredients stand out. He credits his grandmother for encouraging him to start cooking and Anthony Bordaine as inspiration.
- All guests must wear closed toe shoes when attending a class in our Hands-On Kitchen
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the class start time
- Recipes are distributed on a first come, first served basis. Should you request a specific recipe please arrive 15 minutes before the class start time and inform the front desk of your preference (NYK will do everything possible to ensure guest satisfaction, however this is not a 100% guarantee)
- To ensure the safety of you and those around you, all guests are asked to give their full attention to the Chef Instructor as they cover important kitchen cooking skills and tips.
- NYK reserves the right to ask guests that are intoxicated, behaving in an unsafe manner or that pose a risk to leave the classroom.
*New York Kitchen Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration for a class up to 72 hours in advance of the class start time and receive a full refund or transfer to another class of equal value. In the event of illness or another extenuating circumstance that falls within the 72-hour window, NYK will issue a gift card or transfer you to another class of equal value. No refund will be issued. NYK allows a maximum of two class transfers per calendar year. Groups of six or more that register for a class are bound by a 7-day cancellation policy rather than a 72-hour policy.
No Show Policy: NYK will not refund for no‐shows if a guest books a class reservation and attendees do not show. The 72-hour cancellation policy (see policy above) applies.
NYK reserves the right to cancel any class that fails to attract sufficient enrollment, or due to educator illness or inclement weather. We will contact you by phone or email and issue a full refund or you may request to be transferred to another class of your choice (depending on availability and value).