Wine, Beer, & Spirits
- This event has passed.
A History of Cheese: Taste Your Way Through 9,000 Years of Human Culture
April 7, 2019 | 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Did You Know That a 3,200 Year Old Piece of Cheese was Discovered in an Egyptian Pyramid?
Or That Written Language was First Created to Keep Track of Cheese in Cheese Caves in Modern-Day Iraq? Can You Name the Popular European Cheese that are Illegal to Sell int he United States?
Enjoy a tasty journey through history as we reveal the secret, sometime scandalous and special relationship that we all have with cheese. Trystan Sandvoss, owner and expert cheesemaker from local farmstead creamery First Light Farm & Creamery will guide you through a selection of cheese that tell the unique story of cheese, form the pages of history to your present day plate.
Class includes a tasting of cheese, crackers and a glass of wine.
Date and Time:
Sunday, April 7th, 2019 | 3:00PM – 4:30PM
New York Kitchen
Demonstration Theatre (First Floor)
800 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
Trystan Sandvoss, Cheesemaker
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the class start time
- To ensure the safety & enjoyment of you and those around you, all guests are asked to give their full attention to the Beverage Instructor as they cover important skills and tips.
- NYK reserves the right to ask guests that are intoxicated, behaving in an unsafe manner or that pose a risk to leave the classroom.
- *New York Kitchen Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration for a class up to 72 hours in advance of the class start time and receive a full refund or transfer to another class of equal value. In the event of illness or another extenuating circumstance that falls within the 72-hour window, NYK will issue a gift card or transfer you to another class of equal value. No refund will be issued. NYK allows a maximum of two class transfers per calendar year. Groups of six or more that register for a class are bound by a 7-day cancellation policy rather than a 72-hour policy.
- No Show Policy: NYK will not refund for no‐shows if a guest books a class reservation and attendees do not show. The 72-hour cancellation policy (see policy above) applies.
- NYK reserves the right to cancel any class that fails to attract sufficient enrollment, or due to educator illness or inclement weather. We will contact you by phone or email and issue a full refund or you may request to be transferred to another class of your choice (depending on availability and value).