- This event has passed.
Adult Culinary Boot Camp
August 4, 2021 | 3:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until August 11, 2021
Do you struggle in the kitchen or want to improve your culinary skills? Join us for this multi-week culinary boot camp focused on improving your confidence in the kitchen. Every Wednesday for five weeks you will be joined by a New York Kitchen Chef Instructor who will guide you through fundamental cooking methods, knife skills, flavor development and much more. Each class will begin in our Tasting Room for complimentary snacks and beverage, then move into our Hands-On Kitchen where we’ll kick off our culinary instruction. After participating in this camp you will be able to conquer any culinary obstacle and wow friends and family.
Day 1: In-depth Knife Skills
Day 2: Sauce & Soup Making
Day 3: Meat Butchery & Cooking
Day 4: Working with Grains & Vegetables
Day 5: Building Flavor Profiles & Understanding Taste
Must be 18 years or older to attend
***DISCLAIMER: New Class Operating Procedures***
Per New York State and CDC guidance, fully vaccinated guests are no longer required to wear masks while on New York Kitchen property. Guests who are not fully vaccinated must continue wearing face coverings in all public settings. To ensure the comfort and safety of all guests, New York Kitchen will continue to require that its staff wear masks at all times.
Date and Time:
Wednesday, July 14th | 3:30pm – 8:30pm
Wednesday, July 21st | 3:30pm – 8:30pm
Wednesday, July 28th | 3:30pm – 8:30pm
Wednesday, August 4th | 3:30pm – 8:30pm
Wednesday, August 11th | 3:30pm – 8:30pm
New York Kitchen
800 South Main Street, Canandaigua, NY 14424
To Be Announced
- All guests must wear closed toe shoes when attending a class in our Hands-On Kitchens.
- Guests must be 21 years or older to consume alcohol. I.D. IS REQUIRED.
- Recipes are developed using common ingredients which may or may not be specified in the title including flour, nuts, spices, fruits, vegetables, etc. If you have a food allergy, please call the Front Desk to discuss your options BEFORE registering for a class. Adjustments to recipes cannot be made.
- To ensure the safety of you and those around you, all guests are asked to give their full attention to the Chef Instructor as they cover important kitchen cooking skills and tips.
- NYK reserves the right to ask guests that are intoxicated, behaving in an unsafe manner or that pose a risk to leave the classroom.
- Class ticket purchases are non-refundable or exchangeable for any reason. This is because New York Kitchen purchases materials and plans for classes based on the number of participants registered. However, if you’d like to offer your seat in that class to a friend or family member, we’d be happy to let them take your seat. Patrons should use the original purchaser’s name upon arrival at check-in.
- No Show Policy: New York Kitchen will not refund for no‐shows if a guest books a class reservation and attendees do not show.
- New York Kitchen reserves the right to cancel any class that fails to attract sufficient enrollment, or due to educator illness or inclement weather. We will contact you by phone or email and issue a full refund or you may request to be transferred to another class of your choice (depending on availability and value).